Portugal vs. Ghana prediction, match, results Portugal are heavy favourites based on our predictor model, which gives Fernando Santos’ side a 69.6% results chance of victory.
Cristiano Ronaldo hopes to start his World Cup on a better note than his rival Lionel Messi as Portugal take on Ghana to begin Group H play.
Portugal is a fan favorite and 1 of the more popular teams because of legendary F Cristiano Ronaldo, who will play in his last World Cup. The 37-year-old striker needs no introduction since his legacy across club and country is nothing short of iconic.
Portugal and Ghana are not total strangers to one another at this level of football, as Ronaldo secured a 2-1 win for A Selecao versus the Black Stars at the 2014 World Cup, and a similar contribution here would aid his efforts to make headlines for the right reasons again.
Portugal vs. Ghana prediction
We say: portugal vs ghana 2 1
Portugal are heavy favourites based on our predictor model, which gives Fernando Santos’ side a 69.6% chance of victory.
Ghana, who lost 2-1 to Portugal in the 2014 World Cup, are handed an 11.9% chance, with the draw at 18.5%.
Portugal vs. Ghana: 3 things to know
Portugal vs. Ghana team news
Portugal are missing three players from the World Cup squad due to injury, but none bigger than Liverpool forward Diogo Jota who was in good form before succumbing to a serious hamstring injury in early October. They are also without Wolves winger Pedro Neto (ankle) and Leicester City defender Ricardo Pereira (Achilles).
Stade Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana was a question mark coming into the tournament after missing time with an ankle injury, but since being named in the Ghana squad it’s been all quiet, indicating that he’s likely to play. The Black Stars did lose goalkeeper Joe Wollacott, however, after he cruelly sustained a finger injury in a pre-World Cup friendly.
portugal vs ghana results
portugal vs ghana head to head and Key Numbers
- Portugal have an impressive record against Ghana and have won the only match that has been played between the two teams.
- The previous meeting between the two teams took place in the 2014 World Cup and produced a 2-1 victory for Portugal, with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring the winning goal.
- Portugal have won only three of their last 14 World Cup matches, with each of their victories coming in the group stage.
- Portugal are winless in their last three opening matches at the FIFA World Cup but did manage to progress to the knock-outs in 2018.
- Ghana are set to make their fourth appearance at the FIFA World Cup, with each of their participations coming in the 21st century.
- Ghana reached the quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup in 2010 – the joint-best finish for an African side in the competition.
Read more post fifa world cup 2022: https://storiesexplore.com/enner-valencia-net-worth-2022/